Will it fit? Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 in Thermaltake Element G Mid Tower Case?

CapsCrazyX17

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
Hello all

I was thinking of upgrading my Asus GTX 550 ti to a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 this summer. However, my concern is that this extra long card won't fit within my computer case.

This is my case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133086

Based purely on the given dimensions of the card it seems like it would be a very, very tight fit but my understanding is that the G1 card isn't quite as long as the official dimensions indicate.

Thanks!

Solution
There are several models of GTX 970 that will fit your case which has a maximum GPU length of 265mm. There are GTX 970 models from 170mm to much, much longer. Just pick a model with a length less than 265mm.

The G1 gaming will NOT fit according to the specs for that case that I'm seeing. It's 312mm long, which is far beyond what can be accommodated by that case unless the middle drive bays are removable.
There are several models of GTX 970 that will fit your case which has a maximum GPU length of 265mm. There are GTX 970 models from 170mm to much, much longer. Just pick a model with a length less than 265mm.

The G1 gaming will NOT fit according to the specs for that case that I'm seeing. It's 312mm long, which is far beyond what can be accommodated by that case unless the middle drive bays are removable.

Solution