Question Will it fit?

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I have a fractal meshify C case with no gpu currently. I sold my rx 580 for $170, picked up the $279 Vega 56 it’s in the mail. First off I considered selling it and I have an offer for $350 right now for it as it’s the blower card and I’m not a fan. But if it’s a good card for the money someone please correct me. It’s jsut easier to sell a sealed box than an open gpu.

Anyways I was looking at picking up an RTX 2060 rog strix 3 fan model for $399. I feel it might be too big for the case? And if it’s not will it restrict my air flow so much that I’ll struggle to keep temps regulated? Or recommend a comparable model?

Currently I have 2x front I takes that are fractal ventri HF 140mm fans and 2x exhaust 1 rear 1 top that are coolermaster sickleflow 120mm. Will this be enough air flow? Or would I need to remove the bottom panel and insert another 120mm intake from the bottom? Idk.

Also if you recommend I keep the Vega 56 Air Boost blower style card can you recommend a fan set up? As won’t that be considered an exhaust and possibly change my case pressure? Right now I have more in than out I feel that will make it opposite. Not sure any help is appreciated.

xSamaru

Reputable
May 20, 2014
Meshify C can take 315 mm GPU with front fans mounted. As for airflow, good setup is 2 front 140 mm and 1 120mm at the back. Rtx 2060 is not a hot card and meshify C is a great ventilated case.

xSamaru

Reputable
May 20, 2014
No one seems to have even entertained the idea of keeping the Vega. Is the 2060 just that much better of an option.

If he can sell Blower Vega 54 for 350 and get a brand new rtx 2060 strix version for 49$ more, I would take that any day of the week. Much quieter, much colder and more efficient. Vega 54 needs to be pushed a lot in order to perform to its full potential, and you cant really do that with blower cooler unless you are okay with having a jet engine in the room every time you play a game.

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
If he can sell Blower Vega 54 for 350 and get a brand new rtx 2060 strix version for 49$ more, I would take that any day of the week. Much quieter, much colder and more efficient. Vega 54 needs to be pushed a lot in order to perform to its full potential, and you cant really do that with blower cooler unless you are okay with having a jet engine in the room every time you play a game.
Well, problem now is guy backed out of the deal. So I’m stuck with either no video card while trying to sell the Vega for $350 or just use the Vega... but I’ve read terrible things about the Vega 56 blower style... after I bought it of course.

xSamaru

Reputable
May 20, 2014
Well, problem now is guy backed out of the deal. So I’m stuck with either no video card while trying to sell the Vega for $350 or just use the Vega... but I’ve read terrible things about the Vega 56 blower style... after I bought it of course.

No matter what card, any card in blower style is just plain bad. Its a setup that doesn't take the case into consideration like for testbenches etc. Which means that its gonna have the same airflow everywhere and it will be having same temps everywhere. But when you have custom cooler these are meant for gamers and work better in cases than outside of them because they take advantage of the airflow and air pressure in the case. Vega 54 is still a strong powerful card, it will get you by for a couple of years but yes if its sealed and blower style, I would try to return it or sell it.