Will It Make A Change?

Endre555

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
6 gigabytes is already pretty small. Nowadays flagship phones have 6 gigs of RAM. 60-70 fps in what? How much the fps changes (if it even changes) is dependent on the specific game you play.

It would depend on what Operating System you have. Some versions of Windows can't address more than 4GB of ram. Why would you want to decrease the amount of ram, anyway?

Aug 15, 2018

I am currently having 4gb I want to know how much difference would adding a 2gb ram makes.

Well, If your OS is a 64bit OS, then adding an extra 2 GB of ram can only help your FPS, as your machine would spend less time swapping to the page file. If you have a 32-bit OS, then there would be no change, as the OS couldn't even access the extra ram.

invisiblezombie

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
MERGED QUESTION
Question from himanshugangwal12 : "Will it mAke A difference?"

That's difficult to say, game FPS depends also on CPU and GPU. COD Black Ops recommends 4 GB minimum so 6GB should be a little better. I assume you want to run it dual channel config which requires both memory sticks to be identical, is that the case? If so - the gains from dual channel are not a lot, and keeping the 6GB state is likely better.

Aug 15, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from himanshugangwal12 : "Please help Me|•|"

I am having a 32 bit win 7 os pc with a c2d e7500 CPU and 2gb ram.Will I face any problem on upgrading it to core2 quad q6600 and 6gb ram?

I read some threads showing that only 3gb of ram can be installed on 32bit os.If not so will I get a better gaming speed after upgrading??

invisiblezombie

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011

Which motherboard do you have? My memory is a bit rusty but not all motherboards of the era supported quad core CPUs. While going up from 2GB to 4GB will definitely help performance, a 32 bit OS will not be able to use more than about 3.5GB RAM, so if you're up for it, install a 64 bit Windows OS which can handle more than 4 GB RAM and will make full use of the 6 GB. Since you're changing the CPU, you'll have to reinstall Windows anyway , you cannot simply swap the CPU and reboot to the old OS state.