will it support?

Solution
Yes. But you wont be able to overclock it. Probably not worth the price over the i7 7700, unless they are very similar in price. The 7700k does have slightly better stock turbo clocks so it might perform a touch better than the 7700 at stock.
short answer is maybe, it won't support i7 7xxx by default, if lenovo makes a bios for kabylake support then yes. otherwise, h170 supports i7 6xxx by default.

also you want to check the cpu packaging to see if it's lga or bga, if it's bga, you can't upgrade as it is soldiered on to the motherboard.

Sep 6, 2018

but i ve already got an i5 7500 on it, and it says that the supported chipset is intel kaby lake. also, how do i check the cpu packaging? thank you

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
What CPU is currently in it? I'm a little confused why it says kaby lake next to chipset in that screenshot.

EDIT: Ignore what I said below, if your board has a kaby lake i5 in it, it will support a kaby lake i7.

It's hard to know with proprietary boards like that. H170 boards can support kaby lake but only with a BIOS that supports them. H170 boards were released before kaby lake, so they need a BIOS update to support kaby lake if they still have an early launch BIOS.

Do you have the model number of the tower? I will look on lenovo's site and see if they have any BIOS updates for that board that support kaby lake

Sep 6, 2018

sure, it's lenovo IdeaCetre Y700-34ISH, with 8gb ddr4, i5-7500 and gtx1060 on it. also, i checked and the current cpu is lga

Sep 6, 2018

thank you, but i m still curious if it supports the K version

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. But you wont be able to overclock it. Probably not worth the price over the i7 7700, unless they are very similar in price. The 7700k does have slightly better stock turbo clocks so it might perform a touch better than the 7700 at stock.

Solution