Will it work?

taraspizza1

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I have an Hp Pavilion g7-2243us laptop and I'm looking to replace the CPU, which is an AMD A8 4500M with a AMD A10 5750M. I'm pretty sure it will work, but want to be certain. I know you guys probably get a million stupid questions like these every day. Thanks.
ps. If this setup will not work, what else will?

Solution

Very Strange! hmmmmmm but want CPU would you replace it with because i don't know if a standard desktop CPU will work.

Stjohn Russell

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
You cant change a CPU on a laptop the are built into the motherboard. The only way you could change it is to buy another motherboard for your laptop which will be almost impossible unless you find one which fits your laptop case perfectly and supports all of your components.

Tyk3

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
You cannot buy another motherboard for a laptop, all laptops are manufacture with one single set of components which can only be replaced with similar components and cannot be changed. Tough luck , you can't do what you are trying to do.

Stjohn Russell

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

Would it not be possible if there was an exact copy of the laptop just with better specs like the HP Pro books the laptops are the same they just have better hardware ?

Tyk3

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
@Stjohn : Yes theoretically speaking it would be possible. But if you do some research, the companies don't sell the parts of one model as replacement for another model. Same model, different type of hardware is sold in two ways

1. Via customization while doing online purchase or placing an Order on Dell HP online stores.
2. Via pre built OEM models sold by the company.

In either case they don't sell replacement parts on retail where you can get one and ask a local repair person to fit it in. They only replace by calling the bad laptop in their own service centers and then giving you repaired laptop back. And they don't offer any upgrades in their service centers, your laptop is repaired for exact same specs it had as launched by the company.

Stjohn Russell

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

Ok i See

taraspizza1

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Well this laptop must be an acceptation as the possessor isn't built in. I know this because I have a copy of the Maintenance and Service Guide for my laptop. There are instructions on how to remove and install a possessor (its held in place by screws and its socket)

Stjohn Russell

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

Very Strange! hmmmmmm but want CPU would you replace it with because i don't know if a standard desktop CPU will work.

Solution

Stjohn Russell

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

He will just need to check if his bios supports the new CPU

taraspizza1

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

If a CPU has an M after its brand and model name that means it the mobile or laptop version