Will it work?!

Combatmed1

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
I know this is crazy, and most likely would never work....I have a Scythe Ninja 3 cpu cooler in case already. My loving wife bought me a Noctua NH-D14, isn't she great:) Here is the question, I really do not feel like removing the motherboard to install the new backplate. The Ninja's backplate is huge as it is! Is there a chance in hell that the D14 would be able to mount using the Ninja's backplate?

Solution
I would not take the chance personally. I think it is best to use the hardware that comes with the product. It is hard to tell what would happen if you do not. The screw holes for different heatsinks are different and it could feel like it is secure and still come loose by using the wrong backplate. Do not chance it. A few minutes removing the motherboard now could save you a lot of work and money later.

One reason I always pick a case with a good size CPU cut out on the motherboard tray.
I would not take the chance personally. I think it is best to use the hardware that comes with the product. It is hard to tell what would happen if you do not. The screw holes for different heatsinks are different and it could feel like it is secure and still come loose by using the wrong backplate. Do not chance it. A few minutes removing the motherboard now could save you a lot of work and money later.

One reason I always pick a case with a good size CPU cut out on the motherboard tray.

Solution

Combatmed1

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
I have a Cooler Master HAF X 942, but the frick'n cut out is just too small....After tomorrow it won't be though! I am going to cut that hole into something I can work with lol Yeah, I didn't figure it would be a good idea at all, but hey what can ya do:)