Will Jade Empire be released for PC?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Does anyone happen to know if Bioware has mentioned that Jade Empire
will be released for the PC? It sounds really interesting, but I'm not
going to buy an xbox just to play 1 game. thanks.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Big McLargehuge wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know if Bioware has mentioned that Jade Empire
> will be released for the PC? It sounds really interesting, but I'm not
> going to buy an xbox just to play 1 game. thanks.

It looks like it is XBox only, but those tend to migrate to the PC
anyway. :)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Big McLargehuge <nomore@spam.com> wrote in
news:1113932916.8b6c69befc8bea6a86d78d9c6256c098@teranews:

> Does anyone happen to know if Bioware has mentioned that Jade Empire
> will be released for the PC? It sounds really interesting, but I'm not
> going to buy an xbox just to play 1 game. thanks.

I have an xbox (and a ps2 and a.. well I have just about everything :)

What interests me is that the one down-side Ive heard about the game (20
hour play time) would be fixed nicely by putting it on a PC

Gandalf Parker
-- Yes Im a Tauries/Aries cusp.
Two of the "horniest" signs in the zodiac (thats a pun)
 

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003
590
0
18,980
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 2005-04-19, Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:

> What interests me is that the one down-side Ive heard about the game (20
> hour play time) would be fixed nicely by putting it on a PC

How would porting it to the PC fix that if it was just a straight
port?

AFAIK Bioware devs have always said it would be an Xbox only game.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:57:24 -0500, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
wrote:

>On 2005-04-19, Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:
>
>> What interests me is that the one down-side Ive heard about the game (20
>> hour play time) would be fixed nicely by putting it on a PC
>
>How would porting it to the PC fix that if it was just a straight
>port?
>
>AFAIK Bioware devs have always said it would be an Xbox only game.

Never say never. I figure that in about a year with enough demand
from the PC side it will happen. Remember Halo went from being
developed for both systems to an XBox exclusive to being for both
systems.

Lynley
 

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003
590
0
18,980
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 2005-04-20, Lynley James <lynley.james@gmail.com> wrote:

> Never say never. I figure that in about a year with enough demand
> from the PC side it will happen. Remember Halo went from being
> developed for both systems to an XBox exclusive to being for both
> systems.

Bioware devs said never in at least one interview I read but I
understand where you're coming from. Frankly I don't see it
playable without a game pad. You run around and fight in an
almost tekken style of combat.
 

Nightwing

Distinguished
May 11, 2004
21
0
18,510
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Its Xbox only for the moment. But on the site the were subtle hints that it
was being considered for PC.



"James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:INidndwbzsYx0fjfRVn-hw@comcast.com...
> Big McLargehuge wrote:
>
>> Does anyone happen to know if Bioware has mentioned that Jade Empire
>> will be released for the PC? It sounds really interesting, but I'm not
>> going to buy an xbox just to play 1 game. thanks.
>
> It looks like it is XBox only, but those tend to migrate to the PC anyway.
> :)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:27:00 +0200, "Nightwing" <fsdfdsfds@dgdg.net>
wrote:

>Its Xbox only for the moment. But on the site the were subtle hints that it
>was being considered for PC.
>

It's fairly obvious that Bioware have jumped into bed with microsoft
and the xbox...I'd expect they'll wait for the sales of Jade Empire on
the xbox to trail off before making an announcement about a port.

j.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:

>Bioware devs said never in at least one interview

They also said that they wanted to do it but it was up to Microsoft.
This is essentially the same thing Peter Molyneux said before Falbe was
announced for PC...


Znegva

--
http://www.kewlrule.de