Will LED illuminators actually work its way to see more?

Ihjhewitt

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I got a HooToo HT-IP210 (white) IP camera with up to 16 led illuminators in its front view. According to my knowledge, this ir lights will maximize the night vision distance and can help magnify its viewing area, and further keep you SAFE, of course. However, on the other side, I start to wonder that, will this strong ir led light (intensive laminator) be the very first reminder of some guys with hostile intention, who will actually broke this thing apart and to keep you UNSAFE??

I’ve consider buying another model HT-IP209 which is a much more compact design with less led illuminators, but this model doesn’t have any Pan/Tilt rotation, compared to HT-IP210’s pan/tilt angle of 320degree/120degree.

Anyone have better ideas to make this HT-IP210 a safer unit for household monitoring

sk1939

Distinguished
Well frankly, anyone who has hostile intentions and has any kind of training (even from the movies) knows to take out security cameras, IR or not. While it's true that the IR leds give off a red glow in the dark, chances are that if you can see it, it can see you.

Ihjhewitt

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

Just because a network camera can surveil specific areas for you doesn't mean it will ultimately protect you, a camera such as HT-IP210 / HT-IP209, or whatever the vendor HooToo provides you, it will be only stopping HONEST theives.