[SOLVED] will m.2 nvme increase fps in gaming..?

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Hey, I was thinking about maybe getting a decent m.2 just for steam games and whatnot so all this stuff opens super fast lol..I was kinda curious if I would squeeze out a little more fps if I ran games off a high end m.2 vs just a sata ssd..does that even matter or will things just open up faster and prob loading screens..thx, was just curious..what's an easy fps upgrade any ideas lol..?

Solution
A M.2 SSD (or SATA for that matter) will not give you increased FPS. It will improve loading times and texture pop ins if that is an issue.

Really the only thing that will increase FPS without buying new parts would be overclocking the CPU or GPU but that also depends on if the CPU/MB is unlocked and has proper cooling and if the PSU will support it.

WildCard999

Titan
A M.2 SSD (or SATA for that matter) will not give you increased FPS. It will improve loading times and texture pop ins if that is an issue.

Really the only thing that will increase FPS without buying new parts would be overclocking the CPU or GPU but that also depends on if the CPU/MB is unlocked and has proper cooling and if the PSU will support it.

Solution

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017

Yeah that's what I kinda figured, I just wanted to make sure...thx for confirming that for me, thx for responding..