Jun 26, 2017
Hello,

I have an old Mad Catz dual force racing steering wheel with pedals that was originally made for the Playstation (PS1) I am trying to make it work with my PC.

I just want to use the Pedals for flying helicopters. I do not want to use the steering wheel.

The pedals have a female DB9 connector that plugs into the male DB9 connector on the steering wheel.

I bought a DB9 to USB connector on Amazon thinking that would work. But I have encountered an issue. It says that no drivers were installed and when I go to Device Manager, I see the Pedals are showing up as " USB2.0 Ser! ".

I then tried downloading the "CH341SER " drivers and now the device is reading as " USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM6) "

But I still cannot seem to use the Pedals. How do I get the pedals to register as a controller or joystick?

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
What you got is a USB to RS232 adaptor - What you probably needed is an USB to PS1 controller adaptor, and both the wheel and the pedal plugged in as designed, even if you don't intend to use the wheel.

Return your current adaptor if possible, and have a try with the other. Keep to sellers with a good return policy in case that also doesn't work out.

Wouldn't surprise me if they used something proprietary between the wheel and the pedal, or even something as simple as two potentiometers between four of the nine pins. A brief search revealed this question as the second result, and little else.

TRENDING THREADS