Will Monitor quality improve with better PC?

Dec 12, 2018
Hello all,

I am using mac mini 2014 with lg 27'' monitor 1080p IPS model 2014. Everything looked ok.

I updated my monitor to lg 4k 32'' VA and my mac mini doesn't that good. I can support 4k resolution, but it gets too laggy. When I play games on 1080p resolution the game seems fine, but the images of the heroes look with pixels (boxes around the outline of the heroes).

So my question is:

If I improve my desktop system (some PC or gaming one).

1) Will the colours of my monitor improve?
2) Will the delay when alt+tabbing drop down (currently is around 5 seconds)
3) Will the heroes start looking good again?

mac mini specs:
2.6GHz
512GB SSD
2.6GHz
Intel Iris Graphics

New monitor:
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UD59-B-4k-uhd-led-monitor

Solution
1. No the colors will not improve at all but you can try and change the monitor settings for what you like the best.
2. Yes if you get a good 4k gaming PC ALT+TAB will happen instanly.
3. If you run the game at 4k resolution yes. It definetly will just keep in mind to get 4k gaming i would recommend a 1080Ti or 2080Ti.

*edit: IPS panels have better color accuracy than VA panels VA panels are between TN and IPS but IPS still had the best colors.

ebosss03

Reputable
May 1, 2018
1. No the colors will not improve at all but you can try and change the monitor settings for what you like the best.
2. Yes if you get a good 4k gaming PC ALT+TAB will happen instanly.
3. If you run the game at 4k resolution yes. It definetly will just keep in mind to get 4k gaming i would recommend a 1080Ti or 2080Ti.

*edit: IPS panels have better color accuracy than VA panels VA panels are between TN and IPS but IPS still had the best colors.

Solution
Dec 12, 2018

Thank you very much :)