Question Will MSI B550-A Pro Micro ATX be a good motherboard for Ryzen 5600 & RX 6600/RTX 3060?

Lutfij

Titan
Your URL takes me to newegg.ico, fix your URL.

Where I live PC components are very expensive here
Where is here?

I'm on a very tight budget.
Mentioning how much you have to spend alongside your currency helps us two fold.

On second thoughts, please state the specs to your proposed build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Will MSI B550-A Pro Micro ATX be a good motherboard for Ryzen 5600 & RX 6600/RTX 3060?
Provided you don't use a badly built PSU, yes they should work but it'd be a good idea to answer the above questions as well. Though I should point out, your thread titled motherboard make and model and (partial) description are conflicting. The MSI B550-A Pro is an atx motherboard, not a micro atx motherboard, it's what the A at the end of the B550- designates. If it was an matx motherboard, the A would've been an M. That leads me to ask, which board are you actually looking at? People have been mislead with seller listed info in the past.

Last edited:

T9shuvo

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Your URL takes me to newegg.ico, fix your URL. "Fixed it '

Where I live PC components are very expensive here
Where is here? "Dhaka, Bangladesh"

I'm on a very tight budget.
Mentioning how much you have to spend alongside your currency helps us two fold. "BDT ৳110-120k"

On second thoughts, please state the specs to your proposed build like so:
CPU: Ryzen 5600
Motherboard: MSI B550M-A PRO AM4 Micro ATX
Local shop link: MSI B550M-A PRO Motherboard Price in Bangladesh (techlandbd.com)

Ram: 3200 Mhz Kingston fury 8GBx2
SSD/HDD: HP EX900 NVMe 500GB
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 or Zotac/MSI RTX 3060
PSU: Corsair CX650M 80 Plus Bronze
Chassis: Montech X3 Mesh
Monitor: Samsung LF22T350 22-Inch Flat IPS Border-Less Monitor

Will MSI B550-A Pro Micro ATX be a good motherboard for Ryzen 5600 & RX 6600/RTX 3060?
Provided you don't use a badly built PSU, yes they should work but it'd be a good idea to answer the above questions as well. Though I should point out, your thread titled motherboard make and model and (partial) description are conflicting. The MSI B550-A Pro is an atx motherboard, not a micro atx motherboard, it's what the A at the end of the B550- designates. If it was an matx motherboard, the A would've been an M. That leads me to ask, which board are you actually looking at? People have been mislead with seller listed info in the past.

Lutfij

Titan
Get a dual channel DDR4-3600Mhz ram kit instead.

I wouldn't get that board. No cooling on the VRM area.

If you're getting an matx motherboard, get an matx chassis to pair with it.

^ That's my opinion, other community members can chime in on the matter. I'd get something that has cooling over the VRM on a board. Regardless of overclocking. We've come across many people who tend to overclock their boards eventually(if the function is there). If you didn't know, in order to get to DDR4-3200MHz, you're going to have to overclock the ram and in turn the IMC of that Ryzen processor.

Reactions: T9shuvo

T9shuvo

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Get a dual channel DDR4-3600Mhz ram kit instead.
"OK"

I wouldn't get that board. No cooling on the VRM area.
"Ok. I will probably change that"

If you're getting an matx motherboard, get an matx chassis to pair with it.
"I was considering this chassis because it comes with 6 RGB fans, which I thought would provide adequate airflow. Can I properly fit a Micro ATX board into this chassis? "Do I need to purchase an ATX board?"

^ That's my opinion, other community members can chime in on the matter. I'd get something that has cooling over the VRM on a board. Regardless of overclocking. We've come across many people who tend to overclock their boards eventually(if the function is there). If you didn't know, in order to get to DDR4-3200MHz, you're going to have to overclock the ram and in turn the IMC of that Ryzen processor.