Question will my 500w psu able to run gtx 750ti?

That depends on the model. 500w is more than enough, but if it's a low quality unit then it's probably not actually able to SUPPLY that 500w consistently, or at all in many cases.

Knowing the exact model would be paramount to determining if it should be used with that graphics card or not, or even with the system at all.

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
That depends on the model. 500w is more than enough, but if it's a low quality unit then it's probably not actually able to SUPPLY that 500w consistently, or at all in many cases.

Knowing the exact model would be paramount to determining if it should be used with that graphics card or not, or even with the system at all.
check my link

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Where in your link to the picture there's information about the make and model of the PSU? There's just voltage and amperage values and printed numbers mean next to nothing if they are not put there by a reputable manufacturer and validated by standard authorities.

The fact that the 500W PSU has two 12V rails would suggest to some degree that it's not a very high quality unit. Simply, if the unit really has two 12V rails it means they had to use more components (such as multiple over current protection if any!) and that usually translates into using cheaper components of lower quality. There have been some good units with multiple rails throughout the years but there's a reason PSU makers use single rails there days.

Obviously, without a larger picture that includes the whole specifications decal, or the exact model number, we can't tell you for sure, however based on the fact that I can see Chinese characters watermarked onto the background of that specifications decal in your linked picture, I'm going to take one step out on a limb and say that it is very unlikely that you should use that power supply AT ALL, much less with that graphics card.

Unless you can provide some evidence to us in order for us to make an informed recommendation regarding the quality of that model, based on, the model, my recommendation is that you need to purchase a quality unit of 450w or higher that is much more reliable than what that unit likely is. Especially if you want to avoid damage to your hardware which cheap units WILL cause from excessive ripple. Capacitors don't like ripple, like those on your motherboard and graphics card, and cheap power supplies just about always have high levels of it. That's without even going into the probable lack of adequate protections or likely out of spec voltage regulation that we see on most cheap chinese built no name units.

Reactions: Satan-IR

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Obviously, without a larger picture that includes the whole specifications decal, or the exact model number, we can't tell you for sure, however based on the fact that I can see Chinese characters watermarked onto the background of that specifications decal in your linked picture, I'm going to take one step out on a limb and say that it is very unlikely that you should use that power supply AT ALL, much less with that graphics card.

Unless you can provide some evidence to us in order for us to make an informed recommendation regarding the quality of that model, based on, the model, my recommendation is that you need to purchase a quality unit of 450w or higher that is much more reliable than what that unit likely is. Especially if you want to avoid damage to your hardware which cheap units WILL cause from excessive ripple. Capacitors don't like ripple, like those on your motherboard and graphics card, and cheap power supplies just about always have high levels of it. That's without even going into the probable lack of adequate protections or likely out of spec voltage regulation that we see on most cheap chinese built no name units.

The Chinese characters were exactly the reason I said this 500W unit it probably of low quality and probably can not even provide the nominal values printed out in that table even if it really has two 12V rails. I omitted that part for the sake of brevity.