gamersunite23

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/990FXA-GAMING/Specification This is the mobo I currently have and my current graphics card is a GTX 750ti which has a length of about 5.7in. I want to upgrade to the 1060 with 6BG single fan card which the smallest I can find is about 6.8 inches but I'm afraid it won't fit and I'll have maybe wasted some money. Is this a case issue or a motherboard issue with spacing? I've been told my board can absolutely run with the graphics card and I'm close to buying it, this is the last hurdle as I want to be absolutely sure. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
The PCIe slot of a board, and PCIe connector of a GPU are standardized. Your only limiting factor(s) would be any GPU length limitation afforded by your case, and perhaps thickness of the card if you wanted to utilize additional PCIe cards in other slots on the board.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The PCIe slot of a board, and PCIe connector of a GPU are standardized. Your only limiting factor(s) would be any GPU length limitation afforded by your case, and perhaps thickness of the card if you wanted to utilize additional PCIe cards in other slots on the board.

Solution

gamersunite23

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
Alright, so I'm definitely getting a new case, been looking for an upgrade for sometime anyhow. Thanks for the info

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech