Question will my case be compatible with CORSAIR RMX SERIES RM1000X CP-9020094-EU 2018 version and which one to buy 850w or 1000w

Jan 16, 2021
its my old case and i wonder what is the best way to mount the psu with the fan faced down or something else.
first time pc builder here and i need advice will it fit in the case, properly.
https://www.avadirect.com/Phoenix-Neo-Black-Mid-Tower-Case-ATX-No-PSU-SECC/Product/3432199

from my previous posts after reading your advice guys pretty much i gave up on buying seasonic gx 850/1000w because i learned that the noise levels and its fan rpm are worse then the corsair rmx 850/1000w.

my main concern is to buy the most silent psu for my budget and i end up choosing between corsair and seasonic. but after the reviews and answers of other more familiar with the topic i found seasonic fan is louder then the rmx one from 2018 release.

i want to have space for upgrade in the future so i want to get 850w or 1000w corsair rmx/gold 2018 version since 2021 is louder.

from corsair site i found that the 1000w rmx fan will start spin at 400w avarage and the 850w psu will start at 360w the difference after that in dbm is like 2-3 dbm when they reach 600w load and then again 2-3 dbm when u hit the roof on the 850w rmx version compared with the 1000w one.

i can pay the price difference from 850w to 1000w and i can get the 1000w model if you guys tell me will it be more silent working when compared to 850w rmx [ since it has extra 150w to work with ]

and last i want to ask if this is true or false - the seasonic gx850w/1000w psu fan is worse on noise levels and rpm then the corsair rmx850w/1000w psu model 2018 fan. [atleast from what i manage to dig for both fans i looks like corsair fan is better then seasonic fan when talking about noise levels.]

big thanks to all if u guys can answer all my small questions here which bother me before i buy anything.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is the case compatible with the mentioned PSUs? Yes. ATX case. ATX PSUs.

What devices are you going to be powering (make/model of each)? Few users need a 1000w PSU.

Noise levels can be subjective to the user. I have been using Seasonic PSUs for years and fan noise is not an issue. I have also used Corsair PSUs and have been quite happy with them.

Jan 16, 2021
hi man, first thanks for the case clear answer, about your question what build i will run using the psu ir is ryzen 7 2700x, sapphire radeon rx 590 nitro plus, 2x8gb corsair vengeance 3600 hrz, and 1tb m.2 drive, and 1 tb hdd, the big fan on the left side of the case which is 12 cm. and the front small fan on the bottom of the front panel. plus the cpu stock cooler wraith prism.
i know 1000w is overkill for this but i will most likely in the next few years upgrading with better cpu rom the 5000 series, better cpu cooler nocrua or lian li, better gpu card probably 6800 xt/rtx 3080, 16 gb more ram, and hope aiming to do more staff on the pc then what currently i am using it.

so i decided to get bigger psu in order not to need to buy new one in future when i go for upgrades [ or overclock something ]

i will preffer the psu to run maximum on its 60 percent so not to push it too hard thats why i want advice from you guys if the 1000w psu from corsair is a good long term investment and also will its fan spin less offen [ making the noise coming from its fan be lower] then its smaller brother the 850 rmx.
because it has 150w extra space to work with.
i got huge ass problems with noise, used to work in car factory when i was very young and here i am living in apartment where the neighboars dont rlly care how noisy they are 24/7 of the week. thats why i rlly want the most silent possible psu from the budget i got.

i follow the psu selling market from months and for my cash and the reviews on many sites, also from advices from ppl here on my previous posts, plus the statistic on cybenetics labs, i found that corsair noise levels are from 15-22 dbm [ 850/1000w rmx 2018]
for seasonic gx i couldnt find info about its noise levels on the cybenetics but other places and also on cybenetics i found that the seasonic ssr1000fx or the 850w are working on noise levels bigger then 30 dbm.
also found information that the fan of corsair has lower rpm-s then seasonic and overall dbm output from ppl reviews and opinions on it so yeah. what is your advice which one to buy the 1000w or the 850 w corsair. rmx gold 2018 release.

Jan 16, 2021
Is the case compatible with the mentioned PSUs? Yes. ATX case. ATX PSUs.

What devices are you going to be powering (make/model of each)? Few users need a 1000w PSU.

Noise levels can be subjective to the user. I have been using Seasonic PSUs for years and fan noise is not an issue. I have also used Corsair PSUs and have been quite happy with them.
forgot to quote you on my last reply sorry.