[SOLVED] Will my Corsair Builder Series CX450M handle a 1080?

PlsKillMe

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
As the question implies, im buying a used 1080(not ti) for relatively cheap, however my current PSU isn't the best to pair with that card. However i just need it to run a few proper benchmarks to prove that it works and that it runs games at its intended performance. Of course there will be bottlenecking considering i have a ryzen 3 1300x. Alternatively, if there is a way to prove that the card is original and that it works without doing benchmarks or stressing the GPU, please let me know. I will later buy a 750watt PSU, but for now i need to know if there will be any problem with my current one.

This is my setup just in case:

Ryzen 3 1300x @ 3.7 GHz
Gigabyte GA-AB350M- GAMING 3 MOBO
Corsair Builder Series CX450M
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 DDR4 3000 mhz CL15
ASUS PHOENIX GTX 1050ti
1tb HDD

Solution
That PSU only has one 6+2 pin power connector. A GTX 1080 will typically require two connectors. While there are splitters. You'd be running the risk of overloading your PSU.
As the question implies, im buying a used 1080(not ti) for relatively cheap, however my current PSU isn't the best to pair with that card. However i just need it to run a few proper benchmarks to prove that it works and that it runs games at its intended performance. Of course there will be bottlenecking considering i have a ryzen 3 1300x. Alternatively, if there is a way to prove that the card is original and that it works without doing benchmarks or stressing the GPU, please let me know. I will later buy a 750watt PSU, but for now i need to know if there will be any problem with my current one.

This is my setup just in case:

Ryzen 3 1300x @ 3.7 GHz
Gigabyte GA-AB350M- GAMING 3 MOBO
Corsair Builder Series CX450M
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 DDR4 3000 mhz CL15
ASUS PHOENIX GTX 1050ti
1tb HDD
The CX450M has 2 (6+2) 8-pin connectors so you can try it. An upgrade would be a good idea when you can manage it.