Will my cpu bottleneck my new gpu?

Greek killer

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
i have an i3 5005u which i think is good enough and an radeon r5 m330 2gb gpu which is too old. so my gpu bottleneckes my cpu right now and i will upgrade my gpu. i am about gtx 750 ti and gtx 950. but if i choose such good gpus my cpu might bottleneck it,so should i buy a new cpu despite my already bottlenecking gpu or a new gpu that might bottlenecked my cpu.oh. and i would like to know if it would be better to have an i5 3470 cpu with an r5 m330 gpu that will surely bottleneck the cpu or an i3 5005u with an gtx 750 ti/gtx 950 that might get bottlencked by my cpu?

Solution
You can't upgrade your laptop's GPU, it's soldered onto your motherboard. Only a few of the really high end gaming laptops have GPUs that are removable, and even then sourcing a replacement can be tricky as laptop GPUs are only sold to laptop manufacturers, the only way to get them on the consumer market is to buy them second hand off of Ebay.

The best you can do without buying a new laptop would be to get an external dock that houses a desktop GPU and lets you connect it to your laptop, preferably via either USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt. The problem with that solution is that you lose mobility, as the dock needs to be connected to power at all times and wouldn't be easy to transport around.

Greek killer

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
i know and sorry for the misunderstanding. i did some research and the gpu i am thinking about is gtx 960m. but is still very powerful and i don't know if my cpu wil bottleneck it a lot

You can't upgrade your laptop's GPU, it's soldered onto your motherboard. Only a few of the really high end gaming laptops have GPUs that are removable, and even then sourcing a replacement can be tricky as laptop GPUs are only sold to laptop manufacturers, the only way to get them on the consumer market is to buy them second hand off of Ebay.

The best you can do without buying a new laptop would be to get an external dock that houses a desktop GPU and lets you connect it to your laptop, preferably via either USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt. The problem with that solution is that you lose mobility, as the dock needs to be connected to power at all times and wouldn't be easy to transport around.

Solution

Greek killer

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016