Will my CPU overheat?

Scubarooni

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Will my I7 6700 (non-k) overheat if I download games off steam and battlenet without a CPU cooler? For some reason my cooler is supposed to arrive 1-2 weeks after every other part in my computer and I would like to download the games beforehand so that I can play right when it arrives. Will it overheat or is it safe?

Solution
It will overheat very quickly and kill your CPU. Do not under any circumstances run your computer without a CPU cooler I know some people do it for very short durations 30 seconds, 1 min etc but I would even advise against that.

If the CPU came with a stock cooler just use that just now as that will be more than sufficient as you are not overclocking.

Rabmac

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
It will overheat very quickly and kill your CPU. Do not under any circumstances run your computer without a CPU cooler I know some people do it for very short durations 30 seconds, 1 min etc but I would even advise against that.

If the CPU came with a stock cooler just use that just now as that will be more than sufficient as you are not overclocking.

Solution