will my cpu work well with graphics card for a while

TheTaoBoy

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
will a intel core i5 750 with a MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 970 4GB OC be good for gaming for a while with brand new games

Its certainly going to hold back a bit.

You may want to look at the Haswell i5's and socket 1150 motherboards or go that little more and get the new Skylake so you wont have to upgrade again for at the very least 2 years.

Super_

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
You will experience some bottlenecking because the cpu is not as strong as the gpu, but to answer your question, yes, that rig will work for you, you will be able to play your games at decent frame rates at 1080p, but again, the gtx 970 will not work fully due to the far outdated cpu.

For any upgrade worth your time you'll need a new CPU, motherboard, and likely memory too. In the case of non-K chips, don't bother getting a cooler. H110 motherboards are the cheapest, h170 is usually more than enough.

What this guy is basically saying you'd better off ripping out the MOBO and put a decent board in with a newer i5.

No, i literally meant that if taoboy wants a i5 6500, he NEEDS a new motherboard, and that h110 is cheap but h170 is also good. He CANNOT upgrade his cpu without a new board as well