[SOLVED] Will my current computer push this? (Swift PG329Q) (1440p, 32", 175 Hz)

mxnty

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
My somewhat old prebuilt has an i7-770K and 1070. I currently use a 60 Hz 1080p display and it works just fine. Will my current prebuilt push this and really get that performance and frames I need on an ASUS ROG Swift PG329Q (1440p 175 Hz)? May I also have your opinions on this display and whether this is a good choice? I was going for a 21:9 display, but looking at the price and specs, I'm heavily considering this one.

Solution
old prebuilt has an i7-770K and 1070
you mean the i7 7700K?
Will my current prebuilt push this and really get that performance and frames I need on an ASUS ROG Swift PG329Q
what performance and frames?

an RTX 1070 may do 175fps(which would be maxing your refresh rate) @ 1440p in some modern games but it would have to be very low settings, in most i doubt it really could.
with a lower quality CPU like a 7700K, you should probably expect ~40-50fps at most with decent settings in most newer AAA games.
old prebuilt has an i7-770K and 1070
you mean the i7 7700K?
Will my current prebuilt push this and really get that performance and frames I need on an ASUS ROG Swift PG329Q
what performance and frames?

an RTX 1070 may do 175fps(which would be maxing your refresh rate) @ 1440p in some modern games but it would have to be very low settings, in most i doubt it really could.
with a lower quality CPU like a 7700K, you should probably expect ~40-50fps at most with decent settings in most newer AAA games.

Solution

mxnty

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
I would like as many frames on 1440p. Yes I do mean the 7700K, just a typo. I would play with graphics settings at ~medium and would like to get as many frames. Will be playing games like Fortnite, Overwatch, etc.

since you are planning on upgrading the entire system some time in the future, i would go ahead with a nicer monitor like the one you've chosen. but don't expect very good performance with your current system.
like i said, you'll probably be stuck under 50fps in most games @ 1440p.

would I get a noticeable or impacting difference between this display and my 1070 with 7700K vs 5900X with 3080?
of course. what would be the point of putting out newer, more powerful hardware if it offered no boost in performance?
that comparison would be at the very least double the performance with even more features enabled.

you really should go do research regarding manufacturer's chipsets, GPU engines, screen\panel technologies, refresh rates\resolutions\response timing, technology upgrades in the PC market, computer gaming in general, before you get much further into purchasing your new components.
it really seems like you have no clue what you are actually trying to achieve and how to actually go about accomplishing it.

when you actually know exactly what you are looking for, it makes it a lot easier to find better options for better prices without risking as much buyer's remorse for purchasing components that end up not accomplishing what you were hoping for.