Will my current parts be able to work with a 1080 ti

demantaleksander

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I'm currently looking into buying a 1080 ti but i'm not sure if my motherboard or my power supply will work with it.

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 ti
CPU: Intel Core i7q 4770K
Motherboard: Asus 297-Deluxe
Ram: DDR3 8GB
Power Supply: Corsair CX 750
Case: Fractal Design Meshify TG

In theory, yes, but in practice, the spec a bit low / old for such a graphics card. You wouldn't get the most from it, I suspect.

Are you gaming in 1080p? If looking to move to 1440p, then the 1070 / 1070Ti is a better fit, and 4k gaming with 1080 / 1080 Ti. Your currenct gfx card is on a par with a 1060, and that should be enough for 1080p at 60FPS.

What's the purpose of / need for an expensive upgrade?

demantaleksander

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

I want to play games on higher quality as at the moment i can only run games like AC: Origins and Far Cry 5 on the lowest settings.

Should i maybe upgrade other parts instead to play those games on higher settings? Or should i upgrade the GPU for that?

If you are happy with the framerates achieved on lower settings, then you would at least get that framerate or more with max settings and at higher resolution with a nice GPU, typically....

WHen the cpu is holding you back, your frame rates will be low even at low res/low detail...

demantaleksander

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Huh, thought my CPU was still ok, gonna check what i can run the game on when i take the CPU in mind.

But if i wanted to upgrade my CPU instead, then i should probably upgrade my motherboard aswell right?

demantaleksander

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

I don't know if its just my country, but the difference is not that much if you think about it on the ones i'm looking at. But the power difference is pretty big, so i kinda just want to secure myself for the future

But to be honest i don't know where to start when it comes to the other components. I don't know if i should upgrade my Power Supply, Motherboard, Ram or CPU first.