[SOLVED] Will my current pc configuration support RTX 2060 super or RTX 2070 super graphic card ?

dgp1993

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
RAM : DDR4 8gb
Processor : Intel i5 7400 7th Gen.
Mother board : Gigabyte GA B250M-D3H
PSU : Corsair CX550M
Cabinet : Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB

Purpose is I want to upgrade my GPU only to play Ray Tracing Games , currently I have GTX 1070 G1 gaming 8Gb graphic card.

Please do needful by your suggestion.

Solution
so yes your PC would work for a 2070 or 2060. to be honest, it's a little more complicated than that, you would need more RAM and a more powerful CPU to get the most out of the more powerful GPU. Ray tracing in my opinion, while an awesome advancement is highly overrated at the current time. the time and money that it would cost you at the present moment, I feel would be slightly disappointing. you would really benefit from a 16GB kit of ram instead of the 8 GB you have now that by itself will make a big diference. while I understand wanting to have a better performing PC, due to the COVID-related issues in the market it really wouldn't be cost-effective. I would be patient and upgrade in the future when prices become a bit more normalized.
so yes your PC would work for a 2070 or 2060. to be honest, it's a little more complicated than that, you would need more RAM and a more powerful CPU to get the most out of the more powerful GPU. Ray tracing in my opinion, while an awesome advancement is highly overrated at the current time. the time and money that it would cost you at the present moment, I feel would be slightly disappointing. you would really benefit from a 16GB kit of ram instead of the 8 GB you have now that by itself will make a big diference. while I understand wanting to have a better performing PC, due to the COVID-related issues in the market it really wouldn't be cost-effective. I would be patient and upgrade in the future when prices become a bit more normalized.

Solution

dgp1993

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I agree with your opinion , I would be patient and upgrade in the future after some time when prices become a bit more normalised.
Because now even graphic card prices were at top hyke.

TRENDING THREADS