[SOLVED] Will my EVGA 2080 Super XC block my nvme ssds?

Jul 14, 2020
The motherboard that I decided to go with is the Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master and the GPU is as the title suggests the EVGA 2080 Super xc. I just saw a video that was talking about the 2080 super xc *Ultra which I did not get but I would think the sizes of the two graphics cards would be the same. The person said that the graphics card will block 3? Pcie slots I believe or 2 and I was curious what this meant. I hope this isn't a dumb question but will this graphics card not allow me to use the m.2 nvmes I planned on getting? I chose this motherboard for the amount of slots it has and now i'm worried I won't be able to use the ssds. I would expect it to be no problem since they just go right into the motherboard and then screwed in so unless the gpu is touching the motherboard I don't see how it would be a problem but any input would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

TLDR: Will the EVGA 2080 Super XC make it so I can't install m.2 nvme in the x570 aorus master motherboard?

Solution
No, it won't. By "blocked" they mean that you can't install or remove any M.2 drive from those M.2 slots without removing the card to do so because the graphics card will physically be OVER the top of the M.2 drive and there will be no way to get to it because the M.2 drive slots are in BETWEEN the PCI slots on the motherboard.
No, it won't. By "blocked" they mean that you can't install or remove any M.2 drive from those M.2 slots without removing the card to do so because the graphics card will physically be OVER the top of the M.2 drive and there will be no way to get to it because the M.2 drive slots are in BETWEEN the PCI slots on the motherboard.

Solution