[SOLVED] Will my Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, fit a nvidia geforce gtx 1070 g1 gaming gpu?

Jul 17, 2021
I need help for better fps in games such as warzone and stuff like that. I currently have a nvidia geforce gtx 660. And my cpu is amd fx 8350 eight core processor. Im not sure what i need to upgrade but i just want better fps for those fps games. and Will my Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, fit a nvidia geforce gtx 1070 g1 gaming gpu?
Thanks!

Solution
it is compatible, but with fx 8350, it's very much like putting 20 inch wheels on mini mark III. It'll take you where you want to go, but don't expect any bugs squished on the windshield.

kanewolf

Titan
I need help for better fps in games such as warzone and stuff like that. I currently have a nvidia geforce gtx 660. And my cpu is amd fx 8350 eight core processor. Im not sure what i need to upgrade but i just want better fps for those fps games. and Will my Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, fit a nvidia geforce gtx 1070 g1 gaming gpu?
Thanks!
You will be limited by that outdated CPU. The motherboard is compatible with the GPU. The limits are usually either the case or the power supply.

Jul 17, 2021
It will physically fit within the motherboard's PCI-Ex16 expansion slot. Of more concern is whether or not your power supply can provide sufficient power. What is the make and model number of your power supply?

-Wolf sends
I have a cx750m power supply, I can upgrade if needed. Any recommendations if i need an upgrade?
thanks

DSzymborski

Titan
Green letters or gray letters on the PSU?

A GTX 1070 only makes sense if you're going to be making a platform upgrade in the near future. Otherwise, a GTX 1060 is really the maximum for any AM3+ processor that makes any sense. AM3+ CPUs have such poor single-thread performance that there's a fairly stiff ceiling.

Jul 17, 2021

A GTX 1070 only makes sense if you're going to be making a platform upgrade in the near future. Otherwise, a GTX 1060 is really the maximum for any AM3+ processor that makes any sense. AM3+ CPUs have such poor single-thread performance that there's a fairly stiff ceiling.
what do you recommend I should upgrade?

Jul 17, 2021

I would like to be able to run warzone and cold war with no problems, so I'm willing to upgrade.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
it is compatible, but with fx 8350, it's very much like putting 20 inch wheels on mini mark III. It'll take you where you want to go, but don't expect any bugs squished on the windshield.

Solution