[SOLVED] Will my GPU ( 2060) will handle 3440x1440

knatora

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
Hello

My pc spec :
Cpu : 2700x
Gpu : Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6 GB (3 fan modle)
Ram : 16 GB

Im looking new PC screen :

#1 Samsung Odyssey C34G55TWWUX - price if fine for this size ( in my polish store ) cheapest one

#2 MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD - this is most expensive from all 3

#3 Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A - 2nd in price
there is 1 more TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A about 80 euro cheaper than #3 ( older model)

My q is will my 2060 handle #1 G5 34" 3440x1440? or better pick #2/#3

I dont looking for ultra max setting ( i know it wont handle it) more like custom med/high (texture seting) 100 fps +?

I play mostly all big title on market/PoE(and other game like this)/Outriders(w8ing for it)/BF3/Civ6(w8ing for Humankind) im w8ing for next BF game

I wanted swap for 3070 but atm there is no pint for paying for it

Thx for any help and advice

Solution
The Odyssey is the best of the bunch, but all these monitors PANEL TYPE is VA.
IPS monitors provide the best colors but not fast refresh monitors are usually expensive.
TN has the worst colors and viewing angles, but the best refresh rates and response times for the pixels. Many pro gamers get these monitors since they can go up to 300Hz.
VA is the middle ground, it has decent colors but not as good as IPS but better than TN. It's refresh rates are better than IPS but worse than TN. It does have the best color contrast though, meaning less backlight bleed and darker blacks.

So there's also this to decide in a gaming monitor. The 2060 will struggle with 1440p, but once you get the 3070 it should be fine.
The Odyssey is the best of the bunch, but all these monitors PANEL TYPE is VA.
IPS monitors provide the best colors but not fast refresh monitors are usually expensive.
TN has the worst colors and viewing angles, but the best refresh rates and response times for the pixels. Many pro gamers get these monitors since they can go up to 300Hz.
VA is the middle ground, it has decent colors but not as good as IPS but better than TN. It's refresh rates are better than IPS but worse than TN. It does have the best color contrast though, meaning less backlight bleed and darker blacks.

So there's also this to decide in a gaming monitor. The 2060 will struggle with 1440p, but once you get the 3070 it should be fine.

Solution

knatora

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
Ye i know but with current market getting 3070 in "normal" price can take even a year ( i hope not) so this 2060 need to hold with new screen for long time