Question WILL MY GRAPHICS CARD BE COMPATIBLE WITH MY PSU?

May 21, 2019
Hi all,
I was wondering if my PSU is compatible with my choices of graphics card, these choices are listed below in the GPU row I will be picking one of these and would like your advice on this and whether the graphics card will connect to the pc. By this I mean that is there the right connector on the PSU and will the PSU handle the watts of the build.
My build is below
CaseCOOLERMASTER CM690 III ADVANCED CASE (GREEN)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-7400 (3.0GHz) 6MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING: LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GB, Wi-Fi - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardMSI- Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GT OCV1 Video card
EVGA SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black edition /nvidia gtx 1070 Ti
EVGA - Geforce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0
1st Storage Drive2TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3200MB/R, 1900MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power SupplyCORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingINTEL STANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

the VS isn't that bad, but its not great. If this is a NEW system you are buying. why are you buying an OLD CPU which isn't supported anymore (as in you can't upgrade)
If you are building a new system, if you state your Country and Budget (kettle lead means UK I am sure) you could get a lot better system than the one you have listed, unless these are parts you already own.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I second that remark by Lutfij
the VS is what you send to enemies for their computers its not what you put in yours.
word of caution about the CX, get the ones with the grey label. if you see green on the CX avoid it is an older model and as bad or worse than the VS.

Last edited: