[SOLVED] Will my graphics card fit my motherboard?

Nov 22, 2020
Hello,

First time building; I'm sure this will sound like a silly question, but I can't seem to find it in the specs for either the GPU or the motherboard anywhere.

Will this GPU below work in my AM4 motherboard? The 580RX shows it is 288-pin, but I can't seem to find anywhere the max # of number of pins that I'd be able to use on the motherboard.

https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-rx-580-rx-580-armor-8g-oc/p/N82E16814137118

https://www.newegg.com/msi-b450m-bazooka-max-wifi/p/1HD-002J-00197?Item=1HD-002J-00197

Solution
You are good to go!!!

To further explain, it's been more than 10 years that the PCIe is used as a gpu slot. We are currently in gen4 but it's backwards compatible with all other gens, so it will fit and will be compatible.

The PSU is more important when you consider compatibility as it's the one that will power the system and if it's inadequate or poor quality, you are gonna have issues. That's why I asked about it.
You are good to go!!!

To further explain, it's been more than 10 years that the PCIe is used as a gpu slot. We are currently in gen4 but it's backwards compatible with all other gens, so it will fit and will be compatible.

The PSU is more important when you consider compatibility as it's the one that will power the system and if it's inadequate or poor quality, you are gonna have issues. That's why I asked about it.

Solution
Nov 22, 2020
You are good to go!!!

Thanks. Yeah I definitely didn't want to skimp on that. I'll only need about 500W right now, I won't be overclocking probably for the first few years. I'm not a heavy gamer but I need tons of capability for archiving, server hosting, media server stuff, etc.
What are your PSU and price, please??
In signature below : )