Will my headers provide enough to power my splitted fans?

Mar 4, 2018
Hi, I am planning to use this motherboard with 5 of these fans for my case. The motherboard states "The CPU_FAN connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power. Nothing else is said about the power draw from the other fan headers on my motherboard. I assume it is safe to say that they all can handle the same amount that the CPU fan header can since they are all the same anyways?

Since I don't have enough fan headers for all my case fans and CPU cooler fans I will have to end up using splitters on most of the headers. Here is where I get confused. The fan states 3 numbers: one for Max. Input Power, another for Max. Input Current, and lastly Voltage. These are the numbers in their respective order: 1,56W, 0,13A and 12V. I was looking at the amps and it looked like the motherboard would have no trouble in providing enough power for just 2 fans. But then when I looked at the fan splitters located here, it says that "Common mainboard fan headers support up to 9.6 or 12W" which is true in my motherboard. But here's the problem, should I be looking at the amps then or the wattage; of both for that matter? Because looking at amps my fans should be OK, but both the voltages for my fans are 12. Would that mean my motherboard would be overloaded with 24V?

Thanks in advance. I'm building a PC for the first time and I want to make sure I don't mess thing up!

Solution
Physics says: 1,56 W= 0,13 A x 12 V.
Voltage stays the same when split (that's physics again), only current gets split. So, if you connect 5 fans to single header, you sum up the current they take, 5 x 0,13 A = 0,65 A, which is way below safe margin of 1 A.
Physics says: 1,56 W= 0,13 A x 12 V.
Voltage stays the same when split (that's physics again), only current gets split. So, if you connect 5 fans to single header, you sum up the current they take, 5 x 0,13 A = 0,65 A, which is way below safe margin of 1 A.

Solution