[SOLVED] will my i3 3220 bottleneck gtx 1050ti???

Solution
Hey guys i am planning to buy a graphics card for my pc??
will my i3 3220 handle gtx 1050ti ?????
If that is the hardware you have, what difference does it make? You may not get 100% utilization, but you didn't ask "what CPU can I swap to get better utilization?".
CPU and GPU utilization depend on the game, the resolution, the game settings, and even your RAM. If you run at 720p, your CPU may be the limit. If you run at 1440p then the GPU will be the limit.
To get more specific help, create a question about a specific problem. "Game G, running at 720p with min settings only runs at 44FPS. Is there anything I can do to improve it?" . A thread like that can give you more specific help.

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys i am planning to buy a graphics card for my pc??
will my i3 3220 handle gtx 1050ti ?????
If that is the hardware you have, what difference does it make? You may not get 100% utilization, but you didn't ask "what CPU can I swap to get better utilization?".
CPU and GPU utilization depend on the game, the resolution, the game settings, and even your RAM. If you run at 720p, your CPU may be the limit. If you run at 1440p then the GPU will be the limit.
To get more specific help, create a question about a specific problem. "Game G, running at 720p with min settings only runs at 44FPS. Is there anything I can do to improve it?" . A thread like that can give you more specific help.

Reactions: TheShadowHokage
Solution
There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

What do you wish to accomplish?

Assuming you are playing games, a GTX1050ti will definitely improve fast action games when compared to integrated graphics. The only question is by how much.

Some games are graphics limited like fast action shooters.
Others are cpu core speed limited like strategy, sims, and mmo.
Multiplayer tends to like many threads.

Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Reactions: TheShadowHokage

TRENDING THREADS