[SOLVED] Will my i5-3570 stutter with a GTX 1660 Ti or Super?

May 17, 2020
I'm thinking about getting a new GPU which is the GTX 1660 Super or the GTX 1660 Ti and I know it will bottleneck a tiny bit but would there be any severe fps drops and stutters with the i5-3570 and the GTX 1660 Ti or Super?

Solution
Depends on the title, settings & resolution. Generally speaking, a 1660Super +/- will pair well enough with a 3570, but in CPU intensive titles, you'll be a little limited by the CPU.
May 17, 2020
Depends on the title, settings & resolution. Generally speaking, a 1660Super +/- will pair well enough with a 3570, but in CPU intensive titles, you'll be a little limited by the CPU.

Thanks.

So if I don't set my options to the max it should it be fine? Or perhaps I just cap the fps to avoid all the frame drops?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Generally speaking, capped FPS should suffice - but you're not going to eliminate all stuttering/drops in all games.

However, you want to put as much load as possible onto the GPU - so higher graphical presets. As you reduce settings (or resolution), you put more strain on the CPU - something you want to avoid wherever possible.