Will my i5 4460 bottle neck a rx 580

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
I want to make a leap towards VR, currently I have an rx 560 in my pc, my pc is a small form factor called asus rog g20aj I’ve made several upgrades already but the only thing that’s stayed the same is the CPU due to it performing fine with the previous gpu but needed more power so I got an rx 560.
Now I want to get more graphical power as my cpu isn’t really ever at 100% usage. And I’ve alwyas wanted to try VR and have heard the 580 of being a great budget VR gpu I want to know if spending the money on a 580 would be worth it and if I could really get the full performance of the card, as since my pc is a small form factor and the power supply is on the outside, I need to drop 40 dollars on a upgrade for the power supply.
If there’s any other graphics cards people recommend for beginner vr other than the 580 let me know I’m open to options
Thanks!

Solution
It might bottleneck slightly, but you'll be fine.
Check out Oculus and Vive recommended specs. Your graphics card is good (it's in Vive's list of recommended GPU's).
Your i5 4460 is only slightly beneath the minimum recommended CPU, so close that you'll hardly notice a difference.
I say go for it, It'll run fine.

VR benchmarks with an i5 4460 and a GTX 1060 6GB which is almost identical to an rx 580:
• Skyrim VR
• Gorn VR
• Robo Recall VR
• Chronos VR

crumpet8

Honorable
Jan 5, 2018
It might bottleneck slightly, but you'll be fine.
Check out Oculus and Vive recommended specs. Your graphics card is good (it's in Vive's list of recommended GPU's).
Your i5 4460 is only slightly beneath the minimum recommended CPU, so close that you'll hardly notice a difference.
I say go for it, It'll run fine.

VR benchmarks with an i5 4460 and a GTX 1060 6GB which is almost identical to an rx 580:
• Skyrim VR
• Gorn VR
• Robo Recall VR
• Chronos VR

Solution