Will my Laptop able to run PUBG?

Apr 12, 2018
Here's the information of my laptop Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 - 6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHZ
Installed RAM: 8.00GB
System type : 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor. If the answer is No. please do tell me what i must do to improve things.

Solution
sorry to say, I will agree with shanetemple14. to the degree, that it all depends on your expectations of PUBG on your laptop.
I play it on a Laptop for giggles, I7-2630Qm, with 8GB ram and a NVidia GT550M video card in it, using Wired Internet not wifi.
its plays horrible, lets be clear, 30fps with everything set on low...

so to answer your question, can your I5-6200 /8GB run PUBG sure... will you be able to play it and enjoy yourself... well the nice thing about STEAM, is you can buy a game run it, and if you cannot play it because of hardware issues, (keep it testing inside of 48 hrs) and you can get your money credit back to you in your account. I have done this before for "indie" games that I did not like. steam is pretty good...

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
Hi,

The answer is a no. There is nothing you can do to improve the system to be able to play this comfortably. Most Laptops will only allow you to upgrade the HDD, SSD or RAM if you're lucky however none of these will help you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

sorry to say, I will agree with shanetemple14. to the degree, that it all depends on your expectations of PUBG on your laptop.
I play it on a Laptop for giggles, I7-2630Qm, with 8GB ram and a NVidia GT550M video card in it, using Wired Internet not wifi.
its plays horrible, lets be clear, 30fps with everything set on low...

so to answer your question, can your I5-6200 /8GB run PUBG sure... will you be able to play it and enjoy yourself... well the nice thing about STEAM, is you can buy a game run it, and if you cannot play it because of hardware issues, (keep it testing inside of 48 hrs) and you can get your money credit back to you in your account. I have done this before for "indie" games that I did not like. steam is pretty good about refunds.

so you can try it and get a refund or try it and like it.
up to you.

Solution

ritvarsdavis

Notable
Sep 11, 2017
Well, technically, it is possible to run it. There are external GPU boxes you can hook up to your laptop. It can greatly improve the fps, actually. Although, it requires a bit of patience to set up depending what model laptop you have + those eGPU's don't come cheap, as far as I've seen. But hey, I might be wrong, haven't looked them up lately, maybe pricing's changed.

Check out this article for more info, could be helpful - https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/laptop-computers/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-powerhouse-with-an-external-graphics-card.html

TRENDING THREADS