[SOLVED] will my mobo support 3090? and will it bottleneck?

damasman

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019
my mobo is ROG maximus hero XI with I7 9700 clocked at 5ghz and currently i have 2080ti , will my mobo support 3090? and will it cause me bottleneck at 4K?

Solution
Why on Earth would your think your motherboard would NOT support a new GPU? Do you honestly think that video card manufacturers would force everyone who wanted their RTX 3090 to build a brand new system?

-Wolf sends

P.S. Find out what the power requirements for the graphics card you intend to purchase are (required PCI-E power ports). Then check to see if your power supply has those required cables already. If not, replace the power supply. If so, consider replacing the power supply. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want to risk your new, $1500+ graphics card on a questionable power supply.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Why on Earth would your think your motherboard would NOT support a new GPU? Do you honestly think that video card manufacturers would force everyone who wanted their RTX 3090 to build a brand new system?

-Wolf sends

P.S. Find out what the power requirements for the graphics card you intend to purchase are (required PCI-E power ports). Then check to see if your power supply has those required cables already. If not, replace the power supply. If so, consider replacing the power supply. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want to risk your new, $1500+ graphics card on a questionable power supply.

-Wolf sends

Solution

damasman

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019

-Wolf sends

-Wolf sends
worried 3090 need some sort of new PCI , everything keep changing rapidly these days