[SOLVED] Will My Monitor's FreeSync Work Through My VGA to DisplayPort Adapter?

skuyfuu

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Hi everyone, I just moved and I have a monitor with only two inputs, VGA and HDMI. It will be delivered soon. But there is an issue, my GPU's single HDMI output doesn't work. I have an active VGA to DisplayPort adapter. Do you think FreeSync would work over an adapter? Here are all needed specs:

Acer Nitro QG221Qbii (HDMI, VGA) 75Hz FreeSync Monitor (VA Panel)

ASUS TUF RX5700 GPU (3 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI Output)

The info on the adapter is limited (it's a local brand) and the website doesn't really tell anything about it. I tried it by plugging into an older monitor and it works, but I can't tell if it will work with FreeSync. Thanks for your help in advance.

Solution
Hi everyone, I just moved and I have a monitor with only two inputs, VGA and HDMI. It will be delivered soon. But there is an issue, my GPU's single HDMI output doesn't work. I have an active VGA to DisplayPort adapter. Do you think FreeSync would work over an adapter? Here are all needed specs:

The info on the adapter is limited (it's a local brand) and the website doesn't really tell anything about it. I tried it by plugging into an older monitor and it works, but I can't tell if it will work with FreeSync. Thanks for your help in advance.

Freesync is not supported through VGA so a VGA to DP adapter will not...

Freesync is not supported through VGA so a VGA to DP adapter will not work.

I'm not sure if a DP to HDMI adapter (either passive or active) will work, and I cant find any solid answers.

Reactions: skuyfuu
Solution