Question Will my motherboard support this processor

Feb 5, 2019
I have an MSI H110m-a Pro M2 Motherboard and I would like to know if it would support an i3-8100 because I currently have an intel core i3-7100 that I upgraded to from an intel pentium g4500 which was a bad decision on my part now that I still experience a bottleneck in harsh titles, so I would just like to know if my motherboard would support an Intel core i3-8100 when I decide to upgrade again. I know it's an LGA1151 socketed processor, but I don't know if the motherboard still supports it or not. I would've just used pcpartpicker.com, but sadly the motherboard I have is not on there for some reason. I appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you for your responses!

Feb 5, 2019
The problem right now is I have a huge bottleneck and I know I will not have the money anytime soon to upgrade to a i7, that's why I asked if an i5-7500 will work because my main priority is to fix the insane bottleneck I have right now. I wish I could afford that, but I'm 17 and can't work due to a chronic illness. I was planning to wait until Christmas to upgrade. As I've also looked the difference isn't that small because it would relieve my bottleneck completely and it would give me an extra 2 cores to mess around with. That's the only reason I suggested me getting the i5-7500.

Last edited: