will my motherboard that support PCI Express x16 2.0 will support gtx 1050 ti that has pci 3.0?

May 4, 2018
Hello,
I have bought the acer veriton x680g a few months ago, its rly old but I do know it has PCIe 2.0 slot
so my question will it support the gtx 1050 ti? I wana make sure before im buying the card
my cpu is i3-550 and my psu is 220W.
thanks in advance, much appreciate :)

Solution
If you replace the PSU with a better unit and get a larger case. Yes, you should be fine.

A Corsair CX450 would be a good PSU for you. Get the model where CX is written in black letters. The model where CX is written in green letters is poor quality.
Pcie 3.0 is backward compatible with 2.0

I would be worried about the 220w power supply. 300w is more comfortable. Do a quick measurement of your psu, if it’s 150 mm width, 86 mm height, and typically 140 mm depth, you can swap it to a bigger output power supply with ease.

Update. I just saw the case from google, it looks like a non standard atx psu, if you want to upgrade I would suggest you to use a low profile graphics card, else it won’t fit. the standard bracket is 120mm tall, low profile is 79.2mm tall, take a quick measurement before you buy. 1030 1050 1050ti should all have low profile variAnt for you to purchase.

No, that PSU delivers 14A on the 12V rail. Meaning it is only effectively 168 watts. Companies beef up the numbers on cheap PSU with a lot of amps in 3.3V and 5V. Although most power draw is off 12V.

An i3-550 system with integrated graphics can use 100w to 130w under load. A GTX 1050 and 1050Ti are definitely too much for it. You might get away with a GTX 1030 since they are only 30W. Even that would be pushing such a light weight and old PSU pretty hard.

May 4, 2018
I replace both the psu and the case to a bigger case and 220W psu, so the question is if I put gtx 1050 ti will it be a bad idea or no?
if its bad you guys think I should put 1030?
Thanks alot for the quick respond!

If you replace the PSU with a better unit and get a larger case. Yes, you should be fine.

A Corsair CX450 would be a good PSU for you. Get the model where CX is written in black letters. The model where CX is written in green letters is poor quality.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS