Will my motherboard work well with my GPU?

thorux

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Motherboard: F1A55-M LK R2.0
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030
CPU: AMD A4-3400
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Question is, will my GPU work well with my mobo? is there some kind of relationship with GPU's and Mobo's? I'm planning on buying a new mobo and cpu. Any suggestions? something that would go well with my GPU right now or can I stick with my mobo and buy an AMD A8.

I don't really know what to do, I'm not an expert with computers. BTW, I want something for gaming, and I just bought recently my geforce gt 1030 so you can assume that I don't have much of a budget.

You could also give me an advice with the RAM.

Solution
The pentium is a better processor but you will spend a lot more money in DDR4 RAM and won't work with your current MOBO.

Those processors provided by maxalge are the ones you should be looking to buy. If you can't find them I guess you'll have to stick with the A8

thorux

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

Yes thank you, I pretty much know I guess, but I can't afford the geforce GTX type, this just cost me like $80 so I chose it instead. For the build maybe $80 for EACH part. IDK if pricing differs in different countries, well I live in the Philippines, like $80 is 4,000 PHP.

Yes I'm planning on gaming, not too ultra, and I don't plan on changing the GT 1030 right now cause I just bought it, maybe the CPU together with the mobo, if the mobo needs to be changed depending on the circumstance. Also the RAM you could also advice me.

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

I understand, and any A8 and the GT 1030 will work just fine together.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

you have a dedicated gpu do NOT buy another apu, utter waste of money

AMD A4-3400 is a real crappy dual core, upgrade that

the best gaming cpu that motherboard supports is the AMD Athlon II X4 641

use the money saved for more ram - you want 8gb total

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

First he has no extra money to spend.

Second The AMD Athlon II X4 641 has no GPU

Third the GT 1030 is more than twice as fast as the integrated Radeon graphics.
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GT-1030-vs-AMD-Radeon-R7-Graphics/m283726vsm8791

I do agree the best option would be AMD Athlon II X4 641 and the GT 1030 if he can afford it of course and if is available in his country.

thorux

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

Well since I'm probably not changing my GPU cause I just bought it and on low budget. So I checked the prices, I have 2 CPU's in consideration that's around 80-90$ in my country.

Intel Pentium G4560 Kaby Lake Processor Socket 1151 3.5Ghz 3m
(Took in consideration because they said it's close to i3 and good for gaming)
OR
AMD AD950XAGABBOX Athlon X4 950 Quad-Core Processor - intl
(Took in consideration because you said so)

So what should I choose basing on my current GPU and MOBO?

And as for the RAM, IDK what type, DDR3 or DDR4, cause some CPU can only work with DDR4 right? I currently have DDR3 right now.

Sorry for having some mistakes here, really not a computer expert. And really need an advice.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

LOL that is EXACTLY what I said, and yes he can, look again at his budget

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

yes keep the gt 1030, thats fine

your motherboard is ddr3, you cannot use anything but ddr3

neither of those cpu are compatible with your motherboard

you need specifically Socket FM1 cpu's, any of these are compatible:

AMD Athlon II X4 631

AMD Athlon II X4 641

AMD Athlon II X4 651

A8-3870K ( its a quad core, get this if you can find it cheap otherwise get an athlon above )

look in the used market, cpu's rarely fail so they are a good buy make sure it is tested

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
The pentium is a better processor but you will spend a lot more money in DDR4 RAM and won't work with your current MOBO.

Those processors provided by maxalge are the ones you should be looking to buy. If you can't find them I guess you'll have to stick with the A8

Solution

thorux

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

So I just searched those 3 that are compatible with my mobo but I can't seem to see it, If there is, it's really expensive, maybe the online shop was base on rarity IDK.

Well maybe let's just do this instead.
What MOBO should I buy based on the budget too that would be compatible with the 2 choices of CPU that I have, and also what CPU between the 2 should I choose. And lastly, taken into consideration that the suggested MOBO and CPU is good with my current GPU.

But if I ever find a low priced CPU (the 3 that you have mentioned that is compatible with my mobo right now) I'll go with the first plan. But right now since I cannot find it on the online shop, maybe that will be my PLAN B, the one I just mentioned above.

ALSO SORRY FOR BEING ANNOYING, I'M NOT REALLY EXPERT WITH COMPUTERS.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

it is best to look around locally to see if you can find a suitable quad core FM1 socket cpu from the list I posted
A8-3870K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3820, or AMD A8-3800 available to you?

if you cannot then i strongly suggest you get a mobo for the pentium, as that is a significant upgrade from what you currently have, BUT you would also need to buy DD4 ram on top of the motherboard

the Athlon X4 950 I would not even consider, utter waste of money with no future upgrade path

thorux

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

I can't seem to find them, are those APU? I guess, you suggested those cause even if it's an APU, it's still the best that my MOBO could have, even though I have a GPU. Well you know more CPU for it?

Well if nothing, then maybe suggest me a MOBO, CPU, and RAM around my budget that would go well with my GPU.

And yeah sorry for the capslock.

thorux

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

Thanks mate! I guess so and by asking more advice.