Will my msi GTX 760 support directx 12?

beastlyhax

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
I can't afford to buy an new graphics card, and REALLY hope that directx 12 will work with my GTX 760. Do you think that i will be able to update to directx 12?

Solution

Rumors are DX12 is just DX11 with much more low level access. In that case you are fine, but it really depends on dx12 itself. You can implement features that require the hardware to be adapted to them and you can implement features that work on older GPUs. Time will tell. From all I've heard I'd wager that you'll be fine. I really wouldn't worry about it.

OnkelCannabia

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Rumors are DX12 is just DX11 with much more low level access. In that case you are fine, but it really depends on dx12 itself. You can implement features that require the hardware to be adapted to them and you can implement features that work on older GPUs. Time will tell. From all I've heard I'd wager that you'll be fine. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Solution
Until DX12 comes out it is hard to tell. I would not worry about it though. I am still rock'en on a SLI GTX 670 and do not plan on replacing them any time soon. I spent way to much just over a year ago to scrap them now. When they die is when I will be replacing them and not before.

ikaz

Distinguished
To be honest I don't see any card that is currently out will support DX12 since the spec is finalized nor has it been plubish how could the hardware vendors proceduce hardware for unknown specs.

However even if DX12 was to come out tomorrow along with a video card that would support the full feature set games still would have be delevopled on it (sure they can be patched in). So you would be looking at probably a good 2-3 years before games would even take advantage of DX12 even then they probably would work in DX11 the same way most games still work in dx9.

ikaz

Distinguished
Well MS just started talking about in depth today. They stll have even confirmed it will work on windows 7 yet (at least says the article).

They have a release date of later this year (again says the article) so don't even have a firm release date yet.

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

sorry for late reply,
but will zotac Gtx 760 support Directx 12? i mean Zotac or asus is that matters?

Eggz

Distinguished

The company doesn't matter. It's all Nvidia, and all GTX cards from the 600-series onward will support DX12. You're good to go. :)

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

Thanks to both my brother, you made my day,
i was sad yesterday that my GPU doesnt Support directx11.2(zotac gtx 760), it was like i had dream to buy good Gpu and after when i got finally it doesnt support directx11.2, i thought my money is fast and life is over xD , i hope you know that feeling, then you said it will support directx 12, that was awesome moment, thanks to inform,
(thumbsup)

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

thanks for reply,
yes i have installed windows 8.1 already :) but still in nvidia cp, directx 11.1 is written :/ may be thats bug?

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
My 780ti says the same thing right now but I don't think there are any AAA games that use Direct3D 11.2 yet but my understanding that the 11_0 feature level will allow all gaming related benefits to work.

DirectX 12 will have GPU's with exclusive hardware features but no GPU out right now has them. Games will be tested on todays hardware so you really shouldn't be worried.