MCazzi

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
Hello! I am looking to capitalize on my new RTX 2060 Super purchase. It is being somewhat bottlenecked by my i5 based on monitoring MSI afterburner. My current specs are as follows:

i5-7600K
RTX 2060 Super (MSI Armor OC)
Gigabyte GA-H110-A Mobo
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB DDR4-2113 Memory
Kingston SSDNow UV400 240 GB x 2
PowerSpec 550W
Windows 10 Pro

Here is my proposed new build, parts not listed will be kept the same from the previous list:

Ryzen 7 3700X
ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mobo

With these parts I figure I’ll stay competitive with new games in the future. My main question to you guys are:

Is that motherboard sustainable or is the jump to an X570 or another board worth it?

Will my 2133 RAM still be viable with the new parts? (I’ve had it for about 4 years now) If not, what do you recommend?

I look forward to hearing the replies, thank you!

Note: I play on a standard 1920x1080 144Hz monitor. I use air cooling.

Solution
Is that motherboard sustainable or is the jump to an X570 or another board worth it?
Make sure it has a bios update and you are good.
Will my 2133 RAM still be viable with the new parts? (I’ve had it for about 4 years now) If not, what do you recommend?
You will have to bump the infinity fabric clock of the 3700x to see performance everyone gets with faster ram, but it will work.
Make sure it has a bios update and you are good.
You will have to bump the infinity fabric clock of the 3700x to see performance everyone gets with faster ram, but it will work.

Reactions: MCazzi
Solution