[SOLVED] Will my new CPU % GPu work well together

Dec 9, 2019
I've been looking to upgrade from my MSI Geforce 1050ti and Ryzen 3 1200 for awhile. and I finally found two options I think are good. ( I'm on a budget or else I'd go with better parts ) the 1650 Super and the Ryzen 5 3600. And before I purchase them I'm wondering will they work well together? If not what would be better options? Thanks for any replies.

Solution
They would obviously work, but if i were you, i would do 1 of 2 things.

if you are a gamer, and dont stream or stuff like that
i would keep the r3 1200 cpu, and maybe overclock it if possible.
and put all your money into a gpu upgrade. maybe an rtx 2060, or rx 5700.
that would benefit you much more in gaming.

otherwise, you can swap the cpu, and keep the gpu for a couple more months (you'll still get a nice performance boost, like 5-10%)
then when next gen gpus come out in 2-4 months you could get the 3050 or 3060 or whatever it will be called.

otherwise, you can swap the cpu, and keep the gpu for a couple more months (you'll still get a nice performance boost, like 5-10%)
then when next gen gpus come out in 2-4 months you could get the 3050 or 3060 or whatever it will be called.

Solution
Dec 9, 2019

Alright I’ll get the rx 5 3600 and then wait a couple months for the new ones to drop. Thanks

Reactions: siaan312

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Alright I’ll get the rx 5 3600 and then wait a couple months for the new ones to drop. Thanks
Which new gen video cards are talking about that 3000 series is barely in production now and it's not going to it's going to be a while probably until near 2021 around that time. However AMD might be releasing some video cards that I don't know.

Which new gen video cards are talking about that 3000 series is barely in production now and it's not going to it's going to be a while probably until near 2021 around that time. However AMD might be releasing some video cards that I don't know.
3000 Series is actually right around the corner. leaks of nividia cards are scarce since nividia is VERY tight lipped about stuff, so that fact that weve already seen 1 cooler design which was confirmed to be one of the designs they tried, we know most of the specs and that architecture has already a few server models of it out,
means that we are looking at latest around christmas, or what's more likely, an october/early november release.

while with amd, we know big navi has been in the works for a very long time, no big leaks are out, but i expect amd to wait the long game, since their current gen stuff is already pretty popular.
wait till nividia releases their next gen, then tweak what they have with both pricing and power.