[SOLVED] Will my old PC be able to go onto windows 11?

Feb 8, 2022
I have a model p7-1227c HP Pavilion and need to know if it can run windows 11. I want it to be used for a small business but I sadly don't have the hard drive for it (the old one crapped out and the PC sat for a few months on the sideline). Therefore I want to see if the hardware will support windows 11 before I toss cash out towards this.

So for my research shows I'm sitting healthy for ram and the CPU should be fast enough to do what we need, however I'm having issues confirming directx12 compatibility.

CPU is an A10 5700 series and it's currently using the integrated graphics.

Note: buying a graphics card to make the old PC compatible with windows 11 is not an option, as I may as well look to a new PC in the event that it's going to take 150-200$ to make this thing survive another year

Solution
No, that system is not Win 11 capable.
Could you force the issue? Probably. But to what end? There is little or no performance benefit.
And Win 10 is fully supported until Oct 2025.

No need to jump through weird hoops, just for Win11.

kanewolf

Titan
I have a model p7-1227c HP Pavilion and need to know if it can run windows 11. I want it to be used for a small business but I sadly don't have the hard drive for it (the old one crapped out and the PC sat for a few months on the sideline). Therefore I want to see if the hardware will support windows 11 before I toss cash out towards this.

So for my research shows I'm sitting healthy for ram and the CPU should be fast enough to do what we need, however I'm having issues confirming directx12 compatibility.

Note: buying a graphics card to make the old PC compatible with windows 11 is not an option, as I may as well look to a new PC in the event that it's going to take 150-200$ to make this thing survive another year
No. MS is not supporting old CPUs with Win 11.
Could you still install Win 11? Probably, it will be an unsupported configuration.
Will you find Win 11 drivers required ? Unknown.

No you can't by default.

But you can and its not really difficult either, if you look up Tech YES City on youtube, he has a tutorial on how to do it. Although I probably still wouldn't use it for mission critical work as one day it might just not work after an update. I've had windows 11 installed on a old 2013 Xeon server and its been working just fine for about a year at this point with windows 11.

kanewolf

Titan

Just run Windows 10. You aren't gaining anything by trying to run Win 11.

Reactions: Dirtmechanic

USAFRet

Titan
No, that system is not Win 11 capable.
Could you force the issue? Probably. But to what end? There is little or no performance benefit.
And Win 10 is fully supported until Oct 2025.

No need to jump through weird hoops, just for Win11.

Solution