[SOLVED] will my p6t se motherboard support a gtx 1650 super gpu?

Jun 6, 2020
im able to get a gtx 1650 super.... but before i do, i want to be sure that my old motherboard is even compatible with it beyond the pcie bottleneck.

Solution
I have a gtx 660 ti in it now and my psu is an 800w... I was only concerned because I’ve seen some posts where a new gpu destroyed things .... and since I’m upgrading in a odd fashion.... I wanted to be sure this card wouldn’t kill my motherboard before I was ready and able to replace it with something... I mean my current one is like 10 years old.... so I hope the concern is understood.
That should work just fine. Unless GPU is really faulty with some short in it, only user action could destroy anything else.
im able to get a gtx 1650 super.... but before i do, i want to be sure that my old motherboard is even compatible with it beyond the pcie bottleneck.
Do you already have any dedicated GPU now ? Generally, if MB has any PCIe x16 bus, any PCIe GPU should work.
Other thing to worry about may be PSU, it's power output and if it has PCIe power cord that your GPU needs.

Jun 6, 2020
Do you already have any dedicated GPU now ? Generally, if MB has any PCIe x16 bus, any PCIe GPU should work.
Other thing to worry about may be PSU, it's power output and if it has PCIe power cord that your GPU needs.
I have a gtx 660 ti in it now and my psu is an 800w... I was only concerned because I’ve seen some posts where a new gpu destroyed things .... and since I’m upgrading in a odd fashion.... I wanted to be sure this card wouldn’t kill my motherboard before I was ready and able to replace it with something... I mean my current one is like 10 years old.... so I hope the concern is understood.

That should work just fine. Unless GPU is really faulty with some short in it, only user action could destroy anything else.

Reactions: Skurai
Solution