[SOLVED] Will my pc be faster if i dont have windows 10 installed on ssd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
I dont want to reinstall windows 10 and i only have a 500gb hdd... ive been wondering if i will see any improvement if i buy an ssd jutr for more storage space and dont actually install windows onto the ssd?
Also will i get faster loading screens etc?>< also i have wierd texture popins in games and im thinking that its because of my hdd..

Solution
I dont want to reinstall windows 10 and i only have a 500gb hdd... ive been wondering if i will see any improvement if i buy an ssd jutr for more storage space and dont actually install windows onto the ssd?
Also will i get faster loading screens etc?>< also i have wierd texture popins in games and im thinking that its because of my hdd..
You will still be limited by the HDD for starting the OS, opening applications, etc... While you might notice a slight increase in performance, that is only due to less files on the drive. HDD have very slow access time compared to SSD. You would be better off buying a SSD and cloning the current HDD onto it and making the SSD the OS & Application drive. You can then format the HDD for addition...
You will still be limited by the HDD for starting the OS, opening applications, etc... While you might notice a slight increase in performance, that is only due to less files on the drive. HDD have very slow access time compared to SSD. You would be better off buying a SSD and cloning the current HDD onto it and making the SSD the OS & Application drive. You can then format the HDD for addition storage.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.