Will My PC Run Upcoming Games At 60FPS Maxed Out?

brookies1910

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
Hey guys, my setup looks like this:

GPU: R9 280X
CPU: i5 4570 @ 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3

I want to upgrade my GPU to the Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE. Will my system run all recent games maxed out in 1080p at +-60FPS? And will my CPU cause a bottleneck?

Thank you

Solution
That graphics card you plan to buy is a beast. There aren't any games it can't handle especially at 1080p.
You're right to worry about your CPU being a bottle neck. It is. However I don't think you'll see this bottle neck at 1080p60. It would probably be more apparent at higher frame rates with higher resolutions.

I would feel pretty safe saying that buying a GeForce GTX 1070 would grant you the performance you want even with your current CPU and RAM.
if you can overclock the cpu it would be better but with a 1070 you will be fine. Do not get the FE though. They run hot and run into thermal throttling pretty quickly. Get something like a Evga acx 3.0 or asus or msi partner card. Those cool Much better and yes they exhaust the heat into the case as long as you have case fans it will not be a problem. Also most partner cards are cheaper than the founders edition anyway.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
That graphics card you plan to buy is a beast. There aren't any games it can't handle especially at 1080p.
You're right to worry about your CPU being a bottle neck. It is. However I don't think you'll see this bottle neck at 1080p60. It would probably be more apparent at higher frame rates with higher resolutions.

I would feel pretty safe saying that buying a GeForce GTX 1070 would grant you the performance you want even with your current CPU and RAM.

Solution

brookies1910

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
Great thanks guys, I only want the Founder's Edition because I live in South Africa and the online store I'm buying from only has the FE available. My monitor isn't even HD, so I don't need 4K or 1440p or anything like that, I use a DVI-I port and an HDMI port to connect it to my TV.