Will my PC Run Windows 7?

Scott_130

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 29, 2016
Hello
I bought an Acer GX-781 Last year with an I5 7400, 12GB Ram, GTX 970 And 1 SSD & Hard Drive. I know a lot of new systems don't support Windows 7 so I'm wondering whether this system will run it?

I get a lot of Compatibility problems in Windows 10 hence the reason I want to go back and a VM Doesn't cut it for me.

Would help if anyone knows if my system supports it.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Per their support site the only drivers available for download is Windows 10. You could get to Windows 7 and end up having to do a lot of things in a reverse order but frustration is going to set in fast and you'd wish you sold the system to begin with and/or swapped it with older hardware that had official Windows 7 support.

You will need to recreate your bootable installer for Windows 7 using a tool:
http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/

Then you're going to need to source drivers that are meant for your platform. I've done my search for the unit, so good luck since I can't find it and I don't trust third party sites enough to recommend it to a newcomer. I had to do the same kind of work around of 4 laptops at a friend's office, it was not a pleasant experience and I clearly stated that they revert to older hardware, if need be refurbished but newer hardware on older OS is not a healthy thing for an office, before I walked out(yes I completed the job but the experience was bitter than anything).