[SOLVED] will my (possible) new gpu work with my system

Dec 16, 2019
Im looking at buying a new msi mech RX 5500 XT 8GB and want to know if it will work in my system witha MSI 970 gaming motherbord (PCIe 2.0)
and if you think hit will only suffer what would you recommend for $200-300?

system specs:
FX 8370 black
MSI 970 gaming
hyper 212 rgb
coolermaster elite v3 600w
(possibly) RX5500 XT

Solution
Im looking at buying a new msi mech RX 5500 XT 8GB and want to know if it will work in my system with a MSI 970 gaming motherboard
Yes.

Your entire system is in need of an overhaul. No joke.

If that's not an option - at the very least, the power supply needs to be replaced FIRST. That's one of Cooler Master's bottom barrel units.

If 'no' to that suggestion, then I can't recommend more than a GTX 1650, or other gpu that doesn't require external PCIE connections.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Im looking at buying a new msi mech RX 5500 XT 8GB and want to know if it will work in my system with a MSI 970 gaming motherboard
Yes.

If that's not an option - at the very least, the power supply needs to be replaced FIRST. That's one of Cooler Master's bottom barrel units.

If 'no' to that suggestion, then I can't recommend more than a GTX 1650, or other gpu that doesn't require external PCIE connections.

Solution
Dec 16, 2019
Yes.

I've being using an older gpu (GTX 670 wind fore oc) and it takes a 6+8 it's been working fine even with the larger ocs I've hit it with

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I've being using an older gpu (GTX 670 wind fore oc) and it takes a 6+8 it's been working fine even with the larger ocs I've hit it with

That doesn't mean it's actually safe now. Those old Elites were really quite awful; just because you haven't rolled snake eyes on the dice in this crapshoot doesn't mean you should invest in a new GPU to run on it.

I would not use any GPU that requires supplementary power on that PSU.