Question Will my PSU break?

Error137

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
Hello everyone and thank you for your time to reply in advance and sorry for my bad english, it is not my main language, my power supply makes a really feint beeping noise that goes high pitched and low pitched, like barely hearable (if that word exists) when the PC is turned off, I have no idea if the noise is still there when it's turned on because I can't hear it cuz of the fans, and when I say you can barely hear it you have to put your ear on the case to hear it, and I have no idea what to do, is it bad? Is it normal? I read on another forums that some power supplies tend to make this noise and it's completly normal, and on another forums that it's bad and it might start a fire, and I'm at an impass now, I did read about coil whining and watched some videos to hear it but I don't think that's the case here, I am kind of worried so I ask you, what should I do? Should I just buy a new PSU or should I keep this one and stop worrying because it's probably nothing. My PC is nothing special but I see that people usually ask for your specs so I'll post mine below. I should also point out that before I noticed this sound, today, I bought a new outlet surge protection cuz I had a really old outlet before this one and my PC went nuts when I changed it. It basically said that the PC couldn't find a operatin system and that I should remove every drive from my PC, anyway I reset the windows and now it works fine, at first I thought that this noise could be because of the new outlet but it doesn't make any sense. That's why I'm asking you guys, you should know better. Anyway thank you for reading this

Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme3
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 (not K version)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 370 OC Nitro 4gb dd5
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 799.9 Mhz
Power Supply: I have no idea because it's under a plate and I don't know how to take off this plate but on it, it says it's Active PFC

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts