[SOLVED] Will my PSU work with this configuration?

tompac212

Prominent
Aug 11, 2018
Hey, recently I won rtx 2060 and here's my problem:
I have a corasir cx430w (bronze 80+) power supply, will it be enough to power this gpu for about a month?
My current Pc is:
Gtx 1060 3gb windforce
i7 3770
4x2 Gb ram 1333mhz ddr3
asus h61m-k motherboard
21" tn 60hz monitor
After a month or so I'll try to sell this computer and buy a new machine with 600w 80+ bronze psu, i just need this one to work untill this time.
edit: forgot to add my current gpu is overclocked to +135 core clock and +490 on memory clock

Solution
I think that if the PSU doesn't have the power.....it might not boot....or it might boot and not see the card.....or it might boot and see the card but when you go to use the card it crashes.

<<<<something like that.

I don't think it will hurt anything as when you try to draw too much from a PSU the voltages go down....not up. When voltages go up....it hurts things. When voltages go down....generally this doesn't hurt things.
I think that if the PSU doesn't have the power.....it might not boot....or it might boot and not see the card.....or it might boot and see the card but when you go to use the card it crashes.

<<<<something like that.

I don't think it will hurt anything as when you try to draw too much from a PSU the voltages go down....not up. When voltages go up....it hurts things. When voltages go down....generally this doesn't hurt things.

Solution