Will my RAM work with my MOBO?

killersooer

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
I went ahead and ordered a brand new Ryzen based system..

While in my hurry I threw together a system after making sure the ram I purchased (HX421C14FBK2/8 HyperX Fury 2x4gb) would work with Ryzen, which it will!

I unfortunately forgot to check if it was compatible with the mobo I ordered (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128991). It would seem on gigabytes "Supported Memory List" that my specific kit is not. However; it's cousin the C13 variant (HX421C13SBK2/8) and the 2x8 variant (HX421C14FB2K2/16) do work.. Should I worry about my new set-up not working?

Thanks in hand for helping me out! I'm new to tom's hardware.

Solution
HyperX FURY are widely used nowadays, i'm sure its going to be compatible with Gigabyte boards. If not, no worries if you're buying ram over 2933mhz and you want to use the rams at full speed (3000mhz or so I assume) you only need to fiddle around with voltage and cas timing in the BIOS to manually O.C your ram. if you bought the ram lower than 2933mhz bus speed, everything is fine.
Good Luck!

xJoseph

Prominent
May 6, 2017
HyperX FURY are widely used nowadays, i'm sure its going to be compatible with Gigabyte boards. If not, no worries if you're buying ram over 2933mhz and you want to use the rams at full speed (3000mhz or so I assume) you only need to fiddle around with voltage and cas timing in the BIOS to manually O.C your ram. if you bought the ram lower than 2933mhz bus speed, everything is fine.
Good Luck!

Solution

killersooer

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017

Thanks for your help I'm not worried now!