Question will my RAM work with my new MSI B450 Tomahawk

Jan 27, 2020
Hey! i have g.skill ripjaws 3200Mhz cl16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB as my current memory and i cant find it in the QVL listing for B450 Tomahawk, so im wondering if it will work with my new motherboard and Ryzen 5 3600. Would appreciate quik answers going to put it together tomorrow so it would be nice to know that do i need to get new ram or will it work! Thanks!

Hey! i have g.skill ripjaws 3200Mhz cl16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB as my current memory and i cant find it in the QVL listing for B450 Tomahawk, so im wondering if it will work with my new motherboard and Ryzen 5 3600. Would appreciate quik answers going to put it together tomorrow so it would be nice to know that do i need to get new ram or will it work! Thanks!

The B450 is a DDR4 Motherboard and your ram is DDR4. No need to go in depth. Unless there is something im missing

Your memory kit should work when manually set to 3200Mhz and the advertised timings and voltage, but because it's it's older Hynix MFR (M-die) chips, it could be less compatible than newer AFR or CFR dies. The only way to know is to try it. XMP may not work on your motherboard.